Opening a new business current account shouldn’t be a hassle. Cashplus makes it easier, with an instant online decision and instant account details (so long as your company checks out) so you can start trading right away.
You can open your Cashplus Business Current Account at the same time you form your limited company with Machfast. There’s no complicated paperwork to sift through, and you will be ready to start trading in no time at all (<10 minutes).
There are no annual or monthly fees for the first 12 months if you open a business current account with CashPlus using the MachFast company formation app.
Cashplus Business Current Account normally has an annual fee of £69 and additional fees for certain transactions.
It’s a great choice if you want a simple and easy-to-manage business current account for your new company. Starting a business is an incredibly exciting process and Cashplus adds no stress to the process thanks to their quick account approvals.
Cashplus Business Current Account Key Features
- Open a business account in minutes
- No monthly fees – just £69 annually (refunded in the first year for Machfast applicants)
- Faster Payments
- Contactless MasterCard
- Pay in and withdraw cash at the Post Office
Cashplus Business Current Account Fees
The Cashplus Business Current Account has a £69 annual fee which is paid upfront. There’s no monthly payment option.
This works out at £5.75 per month, which is less than most other banks (for example, Lloyds charges £7 per month for their Business Current Account).
In addition to the £69 annual fee, there are additional fees, including:
- Electronic Payments and Transfers (including Standing Orders) – The first 3 are free, after which they are £0.99 each
- Additional cards – £5.95
- ATM withdrawals (UK) – £2.00
- ATM withdrawals (non-UK) – £3.00
- Paying in with Cash at UK Post Offices – 0.3% fee for the total amount paid in.
*See full terms and conditions for all fees and charges
Cashplus Business Current Account Unique Features
Instant account number and sort code
Once Cashplus has authorised your account you’re open for business. You will be given an account number and sort code, so you can start accepting payments immediately. You’ll be able to use these with mobile banking and online servicing.
Business Cash Advance
Subject to approval. Business Cash Advance lets your business access up to £15,000 in cash if it accepts card payments. Unlike a loan, you pay back the advanced credit through a small percentage of your card transactions in line with your cash flow.
Business Expense Cards
Cashplus can issue up to 20 additional cards to your business that employees can use for shopping and general expenses. Each card is linked to mobile banking and online servicing, so you can monitor expenses and see who spends what.
The Cashplus app has a spending insights feature which is linked to Google Maps, so you can tag payments to locations and track transactions. You can also attach receipts and add notes to individual transactions, making money management easier.
5 Things You need to Know
- Cashplus offers one of the quickest ways to get a business current account with an instant online decision. Your account can be opened on the same day.
- The Cashplus Business Current Account is for micro and small businesses, making it easy to pay in cash and manage payments.
- You can integrate your Cashplus account with all the main UK accounting software, including Sage Accounting and KashFlow.
- Your first MasterCard is free with your business account, but additional cards carry a small fee of £5.95 per new card.
- Cashplus has a UK-based customer service team. Whether you want to make a payment or report your card lost, someone in the UK will answer the phone to help.
Is Cashplus a bank?
You may have heard that Cashplus isn’t a bank. This is true.
Cashplus is registered as an electronic money issuer with the Financial Conduct Authority. This allows them to provide services like current accounts without being a bank.
As an electronic money issuer, your money is safeguarded as per e-money regulations set out by the FCA. It means your money is ‘safeguarded’ under e-money regulations, rather than protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Why does this matter? Because it means your money is protected in a different way.
With safeguarding, Cashplus can’t use or access your money. It is held in a customer account. In the event that Cashplus experiences financial problems, the safeguarded funds are returned to the customer. In this way, customers’ money is protected. It cannot be lost.
Cashplus are applying to become a bank so that they can provide a wider range of banking services in the future. If successful, FSCS protection will then apply.
How to Apply for the Cashplus Business Current Account?
If you haven’t formed a company yet, the easiest way to open a Cashplus Business Current Account is when you form your limited company with Machfast.
With Machfast, you can form your limited company and open your bank account at the same time. The application takes less than 10 minutes and our service is free if you choose Cashplus as your current account provider.
We have a special deal in place with Cashplus which wavers the £69 annual fee for the first year. This means you can get 12 months with no monthly or annual fee.
Alternatively, if you have already formed your company, you can head over to the Cashplus website and start the application process there.
The Cashplus App
The nature of business today means banking on your smartphone or other mobile devices will probably be the main way you bank. Cashplus has an excellent mobile app for this which lets you perform the following tasks:
- Track your transactions and payments
- See your spend in real-time
- Make payments
- Move money between accounts
- Manage multiple cards
- Apply for credit
- Add notes, tags and receipts to card transactions
Alternatively, you can use internet banking, which Cashplus calls ‘online servicing’. You can do all the same things with online servicing that you can with the app.
Download Our App For Free
Form your company in a matter of clicks and simultaneously open a current account.